Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Downtown Date Night


When I told Austin that I would be visiting this weekend, he excitedly told me he wanted to take me out. We go out fairly often, and we're constantly trying to come up with fun new date ideas and different places to explore, but usually we plan things together. This time, it was all Austin! All he would tell me was to "Dress nice" which of course prompted a "How nice?!" as my style leans to the dressy side anyway! In the end I figured you couldn't go wrong with a little black dress, and so I eagerly waited to see what he had planned.


As if out of a movie, Austin started the night off with a gorgeous bouquet of blush roses. He then took me downtown, which is probably one of the prettiest areas of Gainesville.


Dress: Ralph Lauren
Heels: Aldo
Stockings: Leg Avenue
Bag: Coach 


Austin's original plan was to go see a film at the historical Hippodrome Theatre. The building was completed in 1911, and is absolutely gorgeous. In the past it has been used as a courthouse and a post office, but now shows both live theater productions as well as indie films and documentaries. Unfortunately nothing was showing that night, so we just walked around Downtown before heading to the restaurant.


Austin picked one of my favorite restaurants, Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille which is a New Orleans style restaurant and serves up different Louisiana favorites. It has multiple locations around Florida, with my favorite being the Harry's in St. Augustine simply because of its unique charm. No matter which location you visit, the food is always excellent.


I chose a pomegranate martini as my pre-dinner cocktail, which I loved.


Their trademark red beans & rice with smoked sausage. I get this nearly every time I go there, I keep meaning to branch out, but it's so dang good!


After dinner we walked around a bit more before heading back home for angel food cake and some gin cocktails.


It was such a lovely night, and I'm so lucky to have a guy who treats me so sweet!

xoxo, Samantha


















No comments:

Post a Comment